Monday, November 9, 2009

I met one of my HEROES Tonight!


Dr Paul Farmer is a physician, Harvard Medical School Professor and a founder of Partners in Health. He is making a HUGE impact in many of the poorest countries in the world.

Please watch a profile of him from 60 Minutes.
Watch CBS News Videos Online http://bit.ly/2njCc0

He is incredibly inspiring. I feel he should receive the Nobel Prize in Medicine for his Global impact on Health. I had a the pleasure of meeting Dr Farmer while he was in Chicago speaking at the Facing History and Ourselves event and while meeting with Chicagoans who are supporters of his Partners in Health Organization.
I sat in the front row of his lecture with a 12 year old girl and her mother. This young girl was inspiring to me because she told me her hero is Dr. Farmer. She has read all the books about him. I told her and her mother how proud I was to meet them and how great it is for them to have role models like Dr Farmer. I wish all children could say the same. I had the fortune of introducing Dr. Farmer to this girl after the talk. It was a thrill for me to met one of my heroes but it was even more of a thrill to watch this girl meet hers.

Please read Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, a Man Who Would Cure the World. and support Partners in Health.


blog comments powered by Disqus